We understand how important your pet is to you and that you want to know that they are safe and loved when you leave them at our clinic. Our team takes pride in offering the best care possible and we take every precaution to make your pet’s visit as stress-free and comfortable as possible.
To help ease your mind, we’d like to share what your pet will experience after you have filled out the admission paperwork the morning of his or her appointment.
This is our process:
- Your companion will be greeted in our lobby by an experienced veterinary assistant and taken to the medical area of the clinic.
- She will be weighed and examined by one of our veterinarians.
- She will be given medication to help her relax and taken to her freshly cleaned kennel.
- Shortly before her surgery time, she will receive an injection of anesthesia.
- Her surgical site will be shaved and sterilized.
- She will be carried to the surgery room and placed on gas anesthesia.
- One of our experienced veterinarians will perform surgery.
- After surgery, she will be wrapped in a soft blanket and carried to the recovery “beach”, a heated air mattress, to be closely observed during the first stage of recovery.
- When she is starting to wake up from the anesthesia, she will be carried, still wrapped in her blanket, to her kennel for further observation and rest.
- Dogs will be offered a small snack when they are awake enough to eat.
- Cats will be given a meal and tucked in for a warm night of recovery.
- When it’s time to go home, her surgery site will be examined. Additional pain meds may administered for those animals who require them.
- She’ll be led from kennel (or placed in carrier) to front lobby.
- She’ll be reunited with her person.
We will explain pre-surgery instructions when you make your appointment and post-surgical instructions will be given when you check your animals out. For written pre and post-surgery instructions go to our Before Surgery and After Surgery pages. If you have more questions, try our FAQ page or give us a call.