All of Iowa Humane Alliance’s programs are aimed at reducing the number of animals going into shelters in the state of Iowa and ending euthanasia as a way of controlling the population of the animals we love. We can’t do this alone. It’s a momentous goal that will require the involvement of the communities we live and work in. That means we need YOUR help!
Giving to Iowa Humane Alliance has never been easier. Visit our Donate page to learn how you can contribute directly, and our Other Ways to Give page for dozens of other ways you can help us raise the funds we need to support our programs. Or, if you’re shopping purchase products that give twice!
Spread the Word
Most of our clients learn about us through word of mouth and helping us get the word out about our services is one of the most valuable ways you can help. Here are a few ways you can share the great news about our services:
- Download a flyer and post it in your town or neighborhood or pass out these quarter page information cards to neighbors, family members and friends.
- Educate others. Explain all the advantages, for our pets, ourselves, and our communities. Check out our Reasons to Spay/Neuter page for more information.
- Like us on Facebook and share our posts and your experiences with our organization on your Facebook page. Let’s make our page go viral!
- Share your stories about how spaying or neutering helped your pet or about your experience with Iowa Humane Alliance. Post to your Facebook page or ours, or send us your story to include in one of our newsletters or appeals.
- Sign up for our newsletter to keep updated on all things IHA. Upcoming clinics and events, progress updates, and more!
Volunteers are vital to our organization and we can’t imagine reaching our goals without them. There are so many ways you can help, from a regularly scheduled shift at the clinic, to working on more sporadic projects. Visit our Volunteer page to learn more our volunteer opportunities.
Attend an Event
Events are a great way to help us raise badly needed funds, to meet like-minded people, and to learn more about ways you can help animals in your community. Visit our Events Calendar to learn about exciting upcoming events we have scheduled.