Careers with Iowa Humane Alliance
Iowa Humane Alliance takes a nonjudgmental approach when networking with animal welfare organizations, municipal shelters, rescues, and private individuals. This, along with practicing our core values every day, has made Iowa Humane Alliance a successful and quickly growing organization. We provide stellar customer service and superb patient care every step of the way.
Veterinarian Assistant Position
Iowa Humane Alliance is a mission driven, non-profit organization that focuses on high-volume, low-cost, best practice quality spay and neuter surgeries. Our clinic is 1 of 140, known nationally and mentored by Humane Alliance in Asheville, North Carolina. Iowa Humane Alliance’s regional clinic is located in Cedar Rapids and is the first clinic of its kind in Iowa. We routinely accomplish our primary goal of performing 35-45 surgeries per day and have spayed or neutered over 46,000 animals in just over 6 years.
We are an ambitious team that prides ourselves in providing top-notch care in an efficient manner throughout a bustling workday. If you enjoy a quick paced routine and have the following abilities and experience, we would love to meet with you:
- Knowledge of animal behavior and practical experience with feral cats, fractious dogs, and restraining pet animals for exams.
- Familiar with vaccine protocols and can administer an injection.
- Attention to detail, which involves, the ability to observe and calculate a patient’s heart and respiration rate. Also monitor patients prior to anesthesia, during surgery and recovery.
- Preparation of patients for surgery including, shaving and cleaning of surgical field.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of the holding cages, surgical suite, preparation station, and common clinic areas.
- Scrubbing instruments and preparing surgical packs to be autoclaved.
- Calculate and draw up patient drugs in accordance with our drug protocol.
Iowa Humane Alliance offers a competitive wage that compensates for experience. Our benefits include: 6 paid holidays, 1 week of paid vacation, and a week of paid time off which increases with longevity. Health and dental insurance is also available with Iowa Humane Alliance contributing a monthly stipend. We encourage our staff members to attend training for individual growth and development as well as team building opportunities. Other benefits may include tuition reimbursement and contributions to a simple IRA.
If you’re interested in a rewarding position with the opportunity for advancement, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.